Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Plugging Away

Week 1, Day 3, Days Until Next Guest 3

This journey, I pray, will have similar results as it did for Julie, from Julia & Julie. Christ changed my life, gave me purpose, and is my hope. But this journey I pray will help me be relaxed and able to live in the moment a bit more.

Today was overwhelming. So much so that the tenseness in my back started creeping down my arms and making me uncomfortable. So much so that I wanted to cry all day. So much so that I checked with my Pastor and worship leader and was given the night off to just try to chill. Everything got done but it was in the midst of a lot happening.

The nice part is that its all good stuff. Nothing really bad happening. Also, I handled it emotionally a whole lot better than I would have a year ago.

So, I am home early, I am going go pick up the Laundry Room now and spend 15 minutes on one drawer that is in my closet. If I can get these drawers emptied and fill them with something else it will help the state of my closet immensely!

After that will be dinner and chilaxin'!

Oh and I was thinking about changing the top countdowns. I generally have just the next guest but the dinners are kind of a big deal and I was thinking I probably should countdown for both. And since its a 52 week goal I should show that in there too. To top it off tomorrow morning I will start a new goal (remember the title of this blog, it HAS to be impractical so since this is all working so well I must try for more) of trying to lose 1/2 lb a week so that by February 28th I will have lost 10 lbs. So here's the new layout:

Week 1 of 52, Day 3 of 6
Days to next Tea 3, Days to next dinner 25
Lbs to lose this week 1/2, Total lost so far 0

The 1 drawer was not a 15 minute project so I was able to finish that and a plastic bin on top of the drawer. I emptied them both. Then refilled the drawer with shoes and the bin with craft supplies. Its a very small dent but it is progress.

Oh! And my Holiday planning 3 ring binder is put together! I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment