Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Weekend

Week 8 of 52, Day 4 of 6
Days to next Tea 9, Days to next dinner 8
Frazzle Free Christmas Week 5 of 8, Day 4-6 of 6
Thanksgiving Day 20-22 of 30

I will be out of town this weekend so here are my updates until Monday!

November 20: "I will praise You, O LROD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

Card: Write a note to your in laws if you are married. If you don't have a good relationship with them then you can always thank them for your spouse. If you aren't married then, as we have done in the past, write a note to a couple who have taught you about marriage. Pick a different one than last time!

Celebration: Go out in the neighborhood and gather some festive looking leaves. This sounds silly but it will be more fun that you think. Do it as a family. Take some apple cider along in a thermos. Make sure you are collecting on public property or where you have permission. A park is a good place! Save these leaves for tomorrow's celebration.

November 21: "Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth! Sing out the honor of His name; make His praise glorious. Say to God, how awesome are Your works! Through the greatness of your power Your enemies shall submit themselves to You. All the earth shall worship You and sing praises to You; they shall sing praises to Your name. Selah" Psalm 66:1-4

Card: Who was the earliest influence on you Spiritually? Write a note of thanks to them.

Celebration: Have you decorated your house yet? Now is a good time! Thanksgiving is next week! Use the leaves you gathered yesterday. Buy a pumpkin or some small goards etc.

November 22: "But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more. My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits. I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only. O God, You have taught me from my youth; and to this day I declare Your wondrous works." Psalm 71:14-17

Card: Write a note to your neighbor. Let them know how blessed you are to have them there. If you have scary neighbors then thank them for not killing you. Ok, just kidding, pray about a nice way to find some good in the situation. See todays celebration before giving it to them.

Celebration: Bake some cookies, a pie, applesauce, something, and take it to your neighbors. If you aren't into cooking, buy premade stuff.

Frazzle Free: Thursday: Continue continue continue
Friday: Get your outside decor from storage and palce them in the garage. Continue continue continue.
Saturday: Put up your outside decor but wait to turn them on until after Thanksgiving (if you can!). Take a look at your Christmas menu and decide which dish to pre-make next week. Add the ingredients to your grocery list. Look ahead and start prepping for next week.

Cleaning: Today I am trying to pack for my trip. I also grocery shopped so I already put those away. I am supposed to pick up the living room but I think I will work on the kitchen so I feel like the house is more clean when I get back.

2 comments:

Clarinda said...

I loved that about thanking your neighbors for not killing you. :-) I have one set of neighbors that I seriously think that would be good. Can I actually put in a note, "Thanks for just leaving me & my kids alone".
Seriously, though, thank you for all these posts, I'm just loving them & have written one thank you card due to your blog anyway. :-)
Next week for school the kids are making thank you cards to give out too.

Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Thanks! I actually haven't been able to keep up with my own ideas but its fun coming up with them. Since it takes some time to come up with this stuff maybe next year I can actually do it :)

Post a Comment