Monday, November 16, 2009

But Joy Comes in the Worship!

Week 7 of 52, Day 1 of 6
Days to next Tea 12, Days to next dinner 11
Frazzle Free Christmas Week 5 of 8, Day 1 of 6
Thanksgiving Day 17 of 30

This past week has been an emotional roller coaster. I have had one thing after another that was a major emotional hit for me. In each instance I was working hard to take my thoughts captive and to "think on these things." Praise the Lord, by His strength, I was able to get through this week. However, it was exhausting!!! Last night I got some extra rest and was able to wake up physically feeling better, but emotionally I was tired. Tonight was our final meeting for Women's Bible Study for the year. We were doing a special worship set with our regular Women's Team and a couple of youth. The blessing was that as we came together to practice for worship the 5 of us were all in pretty goofy moods. We were joking and laughing and messing around. We prayed that the evening would continue to be a fun celebration as God had really given us all liberty through this Bible Study. God totally answered our prayers! We had SO much fun! It was probably, with the exception of our opening service at the church, the most fun I have ever had during a worship set. Praise the Lord. When you worship sometimes it is a choice to worship and the emotions don't follow, but you still choose to. Sometimes you feel like worshipping and that's when God moves. Sometimes, God just blesses your socks off just cuz!

November 17: "I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, and have not let my foes rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me. O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:1-5

Card: This week my pastor sent a thank you text the worship team for worship on Sunday. I had so much fun tonight that I am planning on sending our worship leader a thank you. Why don't you send a thank you to your worship leader or Bible study leader, or someone similar. Just because someone has talent doesn't mean they know they are appreciated. Let them know!

Celebration: Spend time today in prayer and praise. Worship is one of the best ways to give thanks. If you have a spouse and/or children, include them. There is nothing like worshipping as a family. Even if its just one song, it will be a blessing. It might be awkward but the more often you do it the sweeter it will become.

Frazzle Free: I have to be honest, I have not been following the plan very well. I have been too tired. Plus some things have hit that have changed my plans financially for Christmas so a lot of my gifts are being made. So we will see. But on today's list is continuing your Christmas Cards, start online shopping if you are doing any, continue to purchase things on your buy list and lastly pre-make or bake something on your cooking list today or sometime this week.

Cleaning: Finally we are getting back to normalcy. Last week I didn't finish. It was too busy and tiring. But in less than two weeks I have 3 events at my house in 3 days (Friday, family over for dinner, Saturday 2 people over for tea, Sunday Poiema at my house again) which actually means that in December I won't be having a dinner at my house. I will be ahead so I can use the break. But tonight I will be cleaning my fish tank. They are very sadly needing it. So my 15 minutes is that. Next I will be doing my regular cleaning, my bedroom.

Thanks all for reading. I need it! Its what keeps me coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment