Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Changes and Getting Better

Week 9 of 52, Day 2 of 6
Days to next Tea 4, Days to next dinner 5
Frazzle Free Christmas Week 6 of 8, Day 2 of 6
Thanksgiving Day 25 of 30

Dinner has been changed. I had planned on doing Dinner the day after Thanksgiving at my house with my parents and grandparents. But with me being sick I haven't had time to shop for food or get enough cleaning done. So I canceled this. However, I did have the next Poiema group at my house planned. That was for Sunday, so my countdown was changed accordingly.

I realized that one aspect of this that I do not have is how many teas and dinners of the 12 of each that I have done. I will try to find a way to add something like that. Now for our daily posts! After November finishes I think I will be slightly relieved. I would like to have a little bit of a break then maybe in January I will go back to practicing writing each day for a while.

November 25: "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20

This Scripture is an interesting one because I am quoting in the middle of a story. But this is the point, we have lots to be thankful for, but the best is our salvation. All else aside, if we had no other blessing, that is reason enough to have hope and to continue.

Card: Write a note to the person who led you to Christ. Who was the one that took that final step with you? Thank them for the role they played.

Celebration: Tonight at dinner share your salvation stories with each other. Even if you have already heard them, its a good time to remember. If you like, take some time to write each story down and start a family spiritual birthday scrapbook. If your kids were young when they accepted Christ have them tell the story how they remember it and then tell your side of it. Maybe, if you really want to get creative, have a birthday cake celebrating all your spiritual birthdays. If one of your children has not accepted Christ yet then be sensitive to how you handle that. You don't want to play down the importance of salvation but if one of your children says they want to accept Christ talk with them and make sure the decision is genuine and not just so they don't feel left out.

Frazzle Free: Cards cards cards...I am behind on my cards. The first year in a while I have put it off. I think I have put too much on my plate. But that is why my blog is called what it is. Hopefully by the end of this year I will be so organized and better at keeping control of things that I will need to change the name of my blog! Anyway they also want you to premake or bake a Christmas dish along with a Thanksgiving dish. Purchase one thing off of the buy list, making sure you are emphasizing the indoor decor. Continue to refine your black Friday shopping list.

Cleaning: Ok I am feeling better tonight. No reason not to get back to cleaning. I will do the living room tonight. Its a mess! No 15 minutes until I am even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment