Thursday, November 5, 2009

Habitual Impracticality

Week of 52, Day of 6
Days to next Tea , Days to next dinner
Frazzle Free Christmas Week 3 of 8, Day 4 of 6
Thanksgiving Day 6 of 30

Let me remind you of the name and purpose of this blog. The name is Habitual (consistent, practiced) Impracticality (void of all logic). The purpose is to record my habitual impracticality.

I have started writing out my Christmas cards. I have also started working on a Christmas present that will take quite a lot of work. There was a faster way around it but it would have cost me nearly $70 to do it the faster way. So, in that light, I am now writing 10 cards a night, working on this Christmas present every night, cleaning, organizing, celebrating Thanksgiving, and who knows what else. All in the evening when I get home, which is usually after 9.

I'm not crazy, honest.

November 6: "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: 'Death is swallowed up in victory.' 'O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?' The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:53-58

Thank you card: Today write a thank you card to a previous mentor, someone that is not in your day to day or week to week life anymore but truly made a difference in your life. In light of today's Scripture encourage them that their labor invested in you was not in vain.

Celebration: To continue in the heart of today's Scripture we give thanks to God and then continue in the work that He has called us to. Today, as a way of Thanksgiving, do an act of service for someone outside of your normal service. The secular world calls these random acts of kindness. But let this one be anonymous in the sense that either it is not known you did it, or even allowing it to go unnoticed (i.e. taking out the garbage, perhaps no one realizes you did). Allow it to be before God's eyes and that be your purpose and aim.

Frazzle Free: I purchased Christmas cards today! Due to my position in the church I have quite a few cards that I write. The Frazzle Free plan has us starting to fill out cards next week but I began tonight. They have us doing 5 cards a night for 5 days a week for 2 weeks and then finishing up the following week. I am adjusting that plan to fit my needs. One suggestion I would give is to decide when you want the cards fully addressed, stamped and ready to mail. Figure out how many cards you have, divide that by how many days until your goal date and thats how many you need to write a night. According to Frazzle Free you will have your cards finished by the end of November so if you need a good goal date, that one is not bad.

The rest of today is just finalizing Christmas plans and holiday menus. I am struggling with that one. I only cover one meal for the Christmas, that's breakfast, I know what I want to make but i haven't a clue how or what I will need. I need to get on that.

Finally, this weekend my goal is to post pictures!!! I will I will I prom....no I won't promise. I will try.

As for organizing. I am just going to do my normal weekly maintenance tomorrow and 15 minutes on something. I haven't decided what yet. Then Saturday I will work on finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment