Saturday, November 14, 2009

Habitually Impractical

Week 6 of 52, Day 5 of 6
Days to next Tea 15, Days to next dinner 14
Frazzle Free Christmas Week 4 of 8, Day 5 of 6
Thanksgiving Day 14 of 30

November 14: "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and petition, let your requests be made known to God and the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6 (this was from memory so it may be paraphrased).

When we have our minds on Christ we rest in Him and we recognize the things to be thankful for.

Card: Write a card to thank someone that you know prays for you. Prayer is awesome and when people are praying for us we gain the results but I don't think we will quite realize how amazing it was for us until we get to heaven. It doesn't have to be currently, it could be someone who prayed with you in the past. If you have never had anyone pray for you then email me and I will!

Celebration: Several years ago when I was still an active youth leader there was a gentleman in our town that died. At his funeral everyone got up and said all the wonderful things about him that had not been shared to him personally. That following youth night the kids were still pretty shook up and so sad that they never shared with him. We ended up holding, what we later called a "live funeral" where we called over each kid one at a time and told them all the good that we saw in them. The potential they had, the leadership or encouragement qualities. All the positive things that had it been their funeral we would have been sharing about them. Instead we shared with them face to face. It was a huge blessing. Hold a live funeral with your family. You don't have to call it that, so its not so morbid. But make sure what you say is positive. If you do not have immediately family at home, call someone today and do it over the phone.

Frazzle Free: I have a confession to make. I have been slacking totally on this. My schedule has been so busy that I have been slacking on a lot of things lately. But I plan on getting back to it all next week I pray. But on today's schedule it is continue continue continue. So do that!

House: Yeah...not happening...I did do the dishes today. But we had a scrapbooking night tonight and I didn't leave until 1 a.m. So its late and I'm only posting so I have the Thanksgiving stuff on there :) Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment