Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why Sleep When You Can Stay Awake

I may not be able to post over the next few days. I might try to get in early at work but I'm not sure. I may not have internet access in the evenings. If you would like to know why then you can check it out at my Other Blog and then you will know. Next week I should be fine and have full access.

Day 18, Post 18

I have been watching the TV Series 24. I'm on season 3, currently from 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. For those of you who don't know it follows the lives of several CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) agents. Season 1 was about one crisis and it occurs in real time. Meaning every minute that passes is a real minute. So you don't see flashbacks or skip ahead or anything.

My question is how often you have stayed awake for a full 24 hours in the past 10 years? And have you found that it has gotten harder as you get older?

I ask that because each season there is one or two people that get no sleep for the entire 24 hours. Not a hard stretch, especially considering their jobs. But to do this once a year every year...now I start to wonder. These people aren't getting any younger. At what point to they just crack?

So my question for the day is (I guess I'm on a theme of asking a question every day right now) when was the last time you were awake for 24 hours give or take a few hours and why?

My last time was about 9 months to a year ago. I got a call from a friend at about 2 a.m. I had only been asleep for about 2 hours. She needed to talk, she was going through a crisis. We met up and talked until about 6 a.m. From that point I had only a few hours before I had to be somewhere. So I went home and showered, then went about my day. Didn't get home until late. So I was awake for about 37 hours minus about a 2 hour nap. I didn't do so well with it. I was slurring by the end.

Ok, your turn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment