Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Beginnings

So I just came from watching the movie Julie and Julia and, of course, that put me in a literary (and hungry) mood. Something about the style of narration in this movie, and others like it, such as You've Got Mail, just make me want to write. Of course Julie and Julia, being based on a blog, inspired me to start a new blog specifically for...well...I'm not sure. To share my musings? More on that in a moment.

The title of this blog, Habitual Impracticality, seemed so fitting. I am a dreamer at heart. In fact, I am much like the Julie Powell, I take on big projects with very grand ideas of completing them. Rarely do I finish. The definition in the American Heritage Dictionary seemed so...well...me.

My apologies to Julia Child as that dictionary was published by Houghton Mifflin, who did not publish her first cookbook.

Back to the purpose of this blog, I'm not sure just yet. I would like to have a project, such as Julie Powell, but have not come up with one that fits me and is do-able. In the meantime, however, I would just like to write. So for now, it is day 1, post 1, with no goal, just writing.

Unfortunately this particular post is contrary to the title of my blog, there is nothing impractical about this post, though perhaps it is a little dreamy. So, on that note, I believe I shall attempt to swim across the Atlantic Ocean. Starting tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jessica Jacobs said...

That's Funny, I wanted to start a project after watching that movie too!! I'm going to enjoy reading your blog, but I'm going to try to think of a project for you to do, hopefully when I see you I will have some Ideas.

Jess

barnettblend said...

can't wait to see what happens.. waiting for you to start swimming. :)

Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

Thanks Jess...I think I have an idea but if you have another one...well...who knows...it may change!!!

Alicia, well...I changed my mind. I think now I will do something else...like become an astronaut :)

Post a Comment