Thursday, September 24, 2009

A New Chapter

I have hit upon it! Struck gold! Inspiration came and spun me about! I have my goal for the year. Seems a little strange to start something like this now so close to the new year, but why wait and lose momentum?! For those of you who actually possibly maybe enjoy my random ramblings, you will still get some of that here. It is still Habitual Impracticality after all.

I have been on this organizing and cleaning kick. Not because my house is a total disaster but it is cluttered. I don't care for clutter. I don't find it relaxing and I don't like to invite people over. So here is the ultimate goal. Get my house to the point of being able to invite people over at the drop of a hat. In order to get there, I will have 52 weeks to accomplish 12 dinners, 12 teas, and 4 overnighters.

So here's the plan, every two weeks I will alternate between having someone over for tea or dinner. In the in between time I will have to seriously prepare for the two week appointment so that I am ready. The overnighters will be once a quarter since I have a lot of little ladies and at least one teen that has wanted to spend the night. That would probably end up being a tea and dinner and overnighter all in one. How will I be ready you ask?

15 minutes a night 5 nights a week working on organizing a problem area. Current problem area is the clutter on my hope chest in my bedroom, next will be my bedroom closet. (Pics will be posted).

6 days a week clean one area in my house (I have six areas: Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Bathroom, and Bedroom). This doesn't have to be spotless but at least picked up. Though, the deeper cleaning should be done because I will be planning to have someone over.

Fridays and Saturdays is laundry, but this is not a concern of mine for having someone over. It is just more organization possibilities.

This week I am still kid sitting. Next week I will be kid sitting again and so the following week, October 5, will be the beginning of cleaning. Which means that I must invite someone over for tea on the 16th or 17th of October. That will be the end of my first two weeks.

By the end of the year I hope to be relaxed more, due to less clutter, and my house will hopefully be more hospitable. I have always dreamed of having my home be an open door for people just to stop by. This is an awesome goal as it involved helping me get organized, working on my baking skills (I love baking), practicing meal planning (I definitely need more practice there) and keeping my schedule organized in a planner. I do think if I can stick this out I will have a very successful year all around!

My first goal, since I'm not home to clean, is to invite Tonya over for tea. I need a looming deadline!!!

This has been Week A (we aren't at week 1 yet) Day 1.

2 comments:

Jessica Jacobs said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!! I look forward to reading about it, and will be here to keep you going..

Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

thanks!

Post a Comment