Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blah Blah Blah

Day 13, Post 13

I have found a really impractical goal for myself for tomorrow. I am going to try to not talk unless spoken to. This will work for everything but work related stuff. There was a meeting tonight that I pretty much dominated. I have always hated this side of myself. I hate that I am known as a talker, its embarrassing and humiliating to me. I have tried to talk less. Learned to keep my mouth shut more but I still am over the top. Its very depressing. Then when I do finally do good someone thinks something is wrong or I am mad because I'm not talking.

Please don't tease me about this one. Its not funny to me. I will cry.

2 comments:

Clarinda said...

Oh my word, I totally know how you feel girl! This is me exactly. It has taken years & years of working at it & still it's crazy hard. Having a quiet husband that thinks before he speaks has been a great training tool for me. But yes, I love how when I am quiet & just listen to people, etc. they all assume something is wrong. :-)
I'm praying for you, but don't expect immediate results!

Julee Huy said...

Being quiet isn't all that great. If you never speak up, rarely will you find someone who asks you to speak. I can think of 1 friend that I have that asks me questions, doesn't assume and waits for my answer. Everyone else just talks and talk about what they think and assume that you agree.

Part of my compensation for this is that I learned to interupt (to get a word in edgewise). Interuppting is a terrible habit and I am trying to break it.

This post is about me too!

Ummm... How did you do?

Post a Comment