Thursday, September 3, 2009

Deserts

Day 2, Post 2
My first post I was a little concerned to say what my real idea was, but that is completely outside of the spirit of this blog. So here is the theme. I just want to write, something, every day. I don't really have a deadline because I never really want to stop. This is perfect because that is completely impractical. A practical goal would have an end, and a practical goal would say 5 days a week or less. But not me, 7 days, no end. Habitual comes in to play because I will continually stop and restart this goal until that act in and of itself becomes a habit. Now on to todays post:

Walking in a desert is a lonely journey. The barrenness of the environment seems to be a reflection of how your soul feels. It is a dry, dusty, brown world. At the point when you feel that you can no longer take the pressures of the environment you notice it. A small faint pastel, there, in the distance. Could it really be? Is it color in this colorless world? Then suddenly it bursts upon you and you see it everywhere. In the pale green sagebrush, the soft violet lavender, the faint yellow of the wildflowers. Then, there is nothing that can compare to the lazy war of oranges, reds, purples, and yellows as the sun sets for the evening. A jet peacefully crosses into your range of vision and the jet stream begs for a chance to play. Somewhere at this point you realize, had you never come to the desert you would have missed all of this.

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials," (James 1:2) trials, desert times. Count it joy. If you don't, you might miss the amazing display of color dancing in the desert.

1 comment:

Julee Huy said...

I can't read anymore right now, because when I read deserts I thought it said DESSERTS and now I am so unhappy that I am not going to be reading about chocolaty goodness and will instead be reading about sand.

I will have to come back later.

Post a Comment