Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Most Difficult Phrase

Day 7, Post 7
Why is it that the most difficult phrase to say is the one that is most needed? It is the one that when said sincerely can build bridges, heal hearts, and free the guilty conscience. That phrase is "I'm Sorry." For whatever reason we seem to find every way possible of apologizing without actually saying that phrase. It might be through a gesture of kindness, by explaining our actions (I didn't mean to make you feel that way, I don't know why I did/said that, I feel horrible that I said that, etc.), perhaps through someone else - we tell them how bad we feel knowing that it will get back to the person. But actually saying, "I'm Sorry" to someone is very rare. Think about it, when was the last time you simply apologized? And yet it is what we want to hear most when we ourselves our hurt. I suppose that doing unto other as we would have them do unto us should include how we handle our mistakes.

Thats all for today, I'm tired, and this is a depressing topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment