Saturday, September 12, 2009

At Least I'm Enjoying Myself

Day 10, Post 10

Today is a milestone, the 10th post of this little blog. I am still enjoying myself, which is really the point of this blog. So, this is an important post. It is just under halfway of becoming a habit. I wonder if this will stick. Perhaps it will be like writing camp and in about 15 years I will be a fabulous writer simply because I practiced every day on my blog.

Then again, perhaps not. But at least I am enjoying myself.

My cousin recently sent me a link to a blog called A Girl's Guide To Homelessness which is a sad but sweet tale of a girl who ended up homeless, blogging, and is now famous. Do you think that anyone will ever be interested in my blog? Perhaps not as my blog has no specific point of view. I'm not really sure if anyone likes to read my opinions. But, at least I'm enjoying myself.

Sometimes I wonder if I really would want readers. There is something so satisfying about just writing down your thoughts and sending it out into the void. (That is a slightly plagiarized line from "You've Got Mail" but it completely explains what I mean.)

On the other hand, it would be nice to be a serious writer. To write knowing someone cared (dear family, I know you care, I know you read this, and I appreciate that, but that doesn't count [as Julie said in Julie and Julia when she found out her 1 reader was her mother]). To write knowing that there are people out there waiting to read what you have written. Interested in what you have to say. Perhaps someday that will happen.

Perhaps not, but at least I'm enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment