Friday, September 4, 2009

Simple Joys

Post 3, Day 3
I am in a writing mood but missing my muse. So I will draw from the muse nearest to me, my precious little cousins.

Finding simple pleasures in life is so much more valuable than we often realize. Stopping and imprinting moments onto our memories can bring more joy than we realize. Today I had the simple pleasure of a child seek out my presence. Later I had the pleasure of hearing his laugh.
Another of my two cousins showing me their Pokemon cards just brought warmth to my heart. To know each of these precious children, to watch them grow. To love them. To be with them enjoying these simple pleasures. This is what I store up in my heart for the desert seasons.

The next time you hold a child, hold on to them, savor the moment. Steep in it. Store it all up in your heart. Time is short and life passes quickly.

1 comment:

Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

I don't care for today's post. I like the topic...i don't like the writing. I think i am too distracted. Sorry for the horrible typing. I am typing too fast.

Post a Comment