Tuesday, December 15, 2009

You Asked For It

Week 12 of 52, Day 2 of 6
Days to next Tea TBA, Days to next dinner TBA
Possible Sleepover over Christmas Break. We'll see.

Lavender Cardamom Honey is Honey with Lavender and Cardamom infused in it. I had to heat all the ingredients together (had vanilla too), then steep it for a while. I didn't know what Cardamom was until I made this, its just a spice. Its the pods that you see in the picture.

These jars are $2 at Walmart. Not bad. They are great for honey. It holds maybe a cup of honey in there.

Tonight I finished the NKJV versions of the paintings I am doing for Poiema. My goal is to do one version a night so I am done soon but not overwhelmed.

Here is a picture of one of those:
There are 2 sayings from each chapter and the James is painted over the top. Its pretty cool. This particular background was green with blue and an almost purple color. Others were just blue or just purple with the green. I liked this one the best but it was created when I ran out of the blue so I couldn't duplicate it. On the first two I did I had "Draw Near To God" in place of "Submit To God" not realizing I had already written Draw Near To God on there. So two people will have incorrect ones.

Each of the youth are memorizing in the version they are most comfortable with so I am going to change the phrases to match the version.

Perhaps I forgot to mention why? Our discipleship group is memorizing the entire book of James. We are on Chapter 3 right now.

I keep forgetting that I want to add Poiema 2009-2010 to the bottom. I need to do that before I forget.

I didn't do anything else tonight as I was meeting with one of the Jr. High girls that I am mentoring. We won't be able to meet again until after Christmas so I needed to get that in.

As for presents I still need to finish the poiema presents (I have all the backgrounds done, so just the 7 other plaques), I need to type in some stuff that I can't explain here, I have to type in some other stuff for a family, I need to stain the frame for Ana's puzzle (probably on Monday night since my dad will build it Saturday), and I need to finish the thank you gifts for the Christmas program (putting candy in a little bag with a simple ornament). Other than that its just wrapping.

I am nearly done but I will be busy between now and Christmas. Crazy me took on too much. Still haven't finished my cards. But I can mail the ones I have. :)

1 comment:

Julee Huy said...

Hmmm sort of looks like worms or you know those green caterpillar things that don't turn into butterflies or anything cool?. Cute jars and I bet the stuff smells and tasts good and even looks not like worms in public. I'm going ot have to look at my spice section in the store a little more closely next time. Now that would be fun, buy a new spice every month!

I love, love, love the paintings, they turned out super great - very creative.

Great work, looks like your gifts are shaping up nicely!

Post a Comment