Monday, December 28, 2009

Here We Come Or Ganizing Amonst The Cluttering

Week 14 of 52, Day 1 of 6
Days to next Tea TBA, Days to next dinner TBA

Lets start with answering questions:
1. The picture above I was attempting a still life. Not the greatest. But it was fun.
2. The Project 10 on the side was an idea I got from the organizing book. Have a list of ONLY 10 projects you want done and work on them a little at a time. They suggest 1 a week, I do a few minutes every day.

Now for my questions:
Julee you are naming her Hosanna??? I LOVE THAT! That's the coolest name ever. How pretty. Middle name? Praise? Harmony? Hosanna Harmony Huy...that would be sweet :)

Ok, now for the purpose of this blog:
Tonight's goals are to clean the living room. Not just pick up but dust and vacuum and maybe hit the window sills. Once I have that done I am actually not going to work on my project 10...my goal this week (I decided this morning) is to get on the budget that I want to do in 2010. It is Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Plan. I have the basic stuff I need to start so I will be getting that going tonight. Then I will plan one night a week (probably Fridays) to look at things and see where I am at...until I am ok to start only doing it every couple weeks and then once a month.

Since this blog addresses all sorts of organizing issues I will explain a little bit more about Dave Ramsey's plan. The goals are simple, get an emergency fund as fast as possible. Start paying off your debt. Use cash for some of your budgeting that its easy to overspend (i.e. groceries), etc. There's a whole budgeting system and that is what I am going to start working on tonight. Over the weekend I did all my checkbook balancing and such so now I have to sit down and see how I want to run January. Then February. etc.

If you are interested in Dave Ramsey you can go to www.daveramsey.com.

1 comment:

Julee Huy said...

Cool picture, very good job!

Hosanna Grace Huy - she's due on April 19 and I expect her sometime around the 5th.

Post a Comment