Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back to the Basics

Week 10 of 52, Day 2 of 6
Days to next Tea TBA, Days to next dinner TBA
Frazzle Free Christmas Week 7 of 8, Day 2 of 6

Christmas music plays gently in the background as I sit here contemplating the season that is wafting in. Have you ever noticed how the things we cherish the most often, when they are occurring, are never quite how we remember them later. For example, remember your last trip to Disneyland? Do you remember how wonderful it was and the laughter, the fun, the memories? Do you remember the lines, the tiredness, the hunger, the cranky moments? Often we remember the sugar coated versions or a completely negative version. How can we make this season truly a memorable one that doesn't need rose colored glasses? Simplify.

My decorations are packed away in my parent's attic. All except for one small box. So I put out that box. Cards are beginning to come in. So I started putting those out. Eventually I will get to the other box, but I'm not worried about it. Its nice to enjoy the little I have out now. I am noticing it more.

I don't have a lot of plans at this point this year. I thought about trying to squeeze in a dinner and a tea this month and then decided that I would like to take a break and enjoy the season slowly.

Say no to some engagements. The things that wear you out the most, do them in smaller chunks. Play lots of Christmas music. Drink hot tea every night (buy the specialty Christmas teas). Soak up the season slowly and relaxed.

Frazzle Free: Continue as usual. Everything from yesterday keep doing it!

Cleaning: So far I am getting back in the groove. I think for now I am out of project ideas. I know I have plenty but perhaps December's 15 minute projects will be Christmas prep and then anything else as needed. So tonight I am working on cards, Ana's present and possibly some other homemade gifts. I need to purchase some containers but I can do that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment