Monday, January 25, 2010

Get It While Its Out

Week 18 of 52, Day 1 of 6
Days to next Tea TBA, Days to next dinner possibly 20

My cousin showed me a fabulous resource that I had to pass on to you. It is a Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publication, which basically means its a magazine that is only printed once. It is called Storage and you can find it at most places that carry magazines. It is amazingly stocked full of ideas that are not only friendly on your wallet but easy to tackle! For example, they have a 1 year plan of organizing your entire house! We are starting late so January will take a little catch up, but thats ok. Each month tackles a different area, (i.e. January is the office) and each area has 4 projects that can be accomplished 1 each week, a few at a time, or whatever you are most comfortable with!


Now, after all that excitement I, personally, am going to skip January since its too late to really get it done right, and save it for a month that doesn't apply to me (like kids rooms). But for those of you wanting to start now then work on your office in these 4 areas:

Gather all slips of paper with passwords and put them in one notebook, then get rid of all those slips of papers.

Create a vertical paper-storage system using wall-mount file holders. This is for things like bills that you would need to see and access easily.

Create a horizontal filing system for long term paper storage. You can use a filing cabinet or get a cute file holder. Either way, make sure you have hanging folders and tabs to keep it organized and easily accessible. Now is a good time as well (since you are going through them anyway) to begin a file of your tax paperwork. Anything you think you will need for your taxes this year get in one spot and label it "Taxes 2009."

Keep only one current month of your favorite magazines. If old issues have important articles, clip them and store in a binder or file folder. (This one is going to be hard for me!!!)

So there you go. There is a fabulous resource for you to try as well as a preview of whats inside it! You may want to grab the magazine yourself as I am going to try to remember to do this every month but I may forget.

Tonight I am trying to get back on schedule. I am switching from doing laundry on Thursdays and Fridays to a little every night as needed. For example, right now I have a vacation's worth of laundry to do so I did one load last night, I will do one tonight and I will keep doing that until I am caught up. Then I will start washing sheets and rugs and such as they are all ready to be washed again.

Tonight's pick up is going to be in the dining room. It is pretty clean and I am tired so thats an easy one. Tomorrow I will work on the Living Room. Some other day I will hit my bedroom which seems to never stay nice anymore.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment