Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Theraputic Sweating

Yesterday was a long somewhat emotional day. We had a funeral for a precious women who passed away last week. I had not cried yet until I saw the family and started to realize how much they are hurting. They are all doing very well but it is still a very painful time for them.

I didn't get home until about 10:30 and I knew that if I didn't run I wouldn't be able to again until Thursday. Unfortunately I had not been able to run since last Thursday so I didn't want to wait too long.

I ran, sweated, ran, sweated, and by the end I no longer had a crying headache, no longer did I feel emotionally exhausted. In fact, I felt a nice normal "it's late" tired. Running really did help me through what is normally a miserable after effect. Praise God! I doubt it would have been so effectual if she were my own grandmother, but I am sure there is still some therapy to sweating through the difficult times of life. Praise God for treadmills.

No comments:

Post a Comment